First date can be quite intimidating. Hopes, fears and expectations are all in your head. You want to make sure that everything is going to run smoothly and that both of you will enjoy every minute of it.
On the other hand, first dates don’t have to be too complicated. While it involves numerous challenges and obstacles, when you have the proper planning and connect the experience to your character, you can make it work without a hitch. Sometimes just being true to yourself and choosing the right venue allows you two to kick start your chemistry.
For instance, there are quite a few things that you have to keep in mind to ensure a successful and memorable first date. If you are in a ‘getting to know each other’ stage, knowing these essential dos and don’ts will help a lot to avoiding the awkward moments and increase the chances of two or more dates;
- Write some simple but interesting first date questions that should revolve around subjects like favourite hobbies, family, places, books, music, movies or general questions that work as conversations starters.
- Groom yourself, freshen up and make sure that every part of your body is clean right before the date. Make sure your outfit really fits the occasion and you are comfortable wearing it.
- Surprise your date with a simple present. Not only it shows you care about the person, but it also creates a good first impression.
- Arrive on time and if possible, show up a few minutes early whether you’re meeting at a restaurant or picking your date up. In case you will be late for whatever reasons, let the person know right away.
- Be polite and stay positive regardless of the situation. If a problem occurs during your date, just stay calm and avoid overreacting.
- Do communicate as honest as possible but save sensitive issues fir a later time.
- Compliment your date, show your sweetest smile and pay attention when your date is speaking.
- If your date shows some signs that they want to kiss like biting their lips or staring at yours while you are talking, go ahead and end the day with a kiss.
- If you both had a great time, make sure to thank them and follow up by calling or messaging your date the next day.
- Wear slutty dress or off-fashion dress. You want to gain great impression and earn your date’s respect, so make yourself presentable.
- Come off as a demanding person. Sometimes, you’ll find yourself mentioning your favorite hobbies or activities without being aware that you are already forcing the person to get interested in them as well. It’d be nice to let your date warm up to you.
- Vent out your terrible experiences or relationships. Your date may think that you’re emotionally unstable.
- Drink too much. A glass of wine is fine but drinking too much is an instant death of the seconds.